Saturday, May 22, 2010

Measurement and analysis

Since I enter the Control and Instrumental department, I had a lot of opportunity to learn about measurement instrument. All these instruments are used to measure temperature, pressure, mass flow rate, volume flow rate, level, filter clog and so on.

First I want to introduce about RTD, resistance temperature detector. It is used to measure temperature with the concept “relationship between resistance and temperature”. Both of these parameters are in proportional, which means, the higher the temperature, the higher the resistance.

Another temperature measurement instrument is thermocouple. It used the seebeck effect to build this instrument where it uses two different metals which bonded together. When the hot junction of the metal is being exposed to certain temperature, voltage will be produced.



On the other hand, other than measuring temperature, we need to measure pressure too. Instrument normally used is differential pressure transmitter. Other then measuring pressure, this instrument can be used to measure level and filter clog too.

Other then all that I mention before this, there are still many transducer that I learned. It’s been a great experience to be in this control and instrumental department, however, my training had almost come to the sixth week. Next week I am going to transfer to electrical department. At here, I wish to thanks to all staffs in this department that had taught me a lot during these six weeks, especially, our “Tok Guru”, Mr. Tawang.

No comments:

Post a Comment